Ostatu Rosé 2019
New taste. A young rosé made from Tempranillo, Garnacha and Viura grapes which come from the highest parts of our vineyards, in the district of Samaniego. A special rosé that won’t leave you indifferent.
- Vintage: 2019
- Vintage Classification: excellent
- Alcohol: 13.79%
- Production: 42,970 botellas
Soft and bright pink with salmon and onion skin hints.
Intense aroma of red fruits (strawberries, raspberries, currants), some citrus sign (orange peel) and fine minerality. Very fresh and balanced on the palate, very good acidity, greasy and with dimension. Alive ending with great balance of flavours, fruitiness and warmth.
Winegrowers & winemakers
- Wine-maker: Iñigo Sáenz de Samaniego. Vineyard management: Iñigo Sáenz de Samaniego and Ernesto Sáenz de Samaniego.
- 70% Tempranillo, 27% Garnacha, 3% Viura
- Vineyards: La Paul, Carrera y Los Caños.
- Plantation density: 3.000 vines/hectare.
- Goblet pruning.
- Production: 6,800 kg/hectare.
- Hand harvested, and taken to the winery in small trailer loads on 24th and 25th september.
Vineyards and terrain
The grapes come from the highest vineyards, in the district of Samaniego, at an altitude of 600-650 m above sea level. Poor calcareous/clay soil, on south facing slopes. The subsoil is made up of various layers of white rock.
The grapes are destemmed and macerated just in the moment they arrive to the winery.
The grape must ferment on the lees in stainless steel vats for 37 days at a temperature of 15-16°C.
The wine is then kept in the vats until it is bottled.
Mediterranean climate with strong Atlantic influence. Extreme winter-summer contrast.
- Precipitation: 714 litres
- Ave. Temp.: min 8ºC, max 19.7ºC, average 13.14ºC
- Rainy days: 83
- Frozy mornings: 11
- Average temperature of the soil: 14.45ºC