Perfect balance and renewal. A crianza with body and character that is made from Tempranillo, Graciano, Mazuelo and Garnacha grapes which came from vineyards of 35 years old. A faithful reflection of the spicy character of the tempranillo in Samaniego.
Buy Ostatu Crianza 2018
- Vintage: 2018
- Vintage Classification: very good
- Alcohol: 14.39%
- Bottled: April 2020
- Production: 85,469 75 cl. Bottles / 3,718 150 cl. Magnum
Deep cherry red with purple highlights. It brings us a very fruity nose (ripened black and red fruit), with freshness and memories of balsamic notes, spices and some toasted signs, rounding its expression.
On the palate is juicy, firm, elegant and fresh, leaving us the fruity and pleasant sensation of a balanced body where notes of blackberry, cherry, red and black plums and a touch of liquorice appear. Memories of nuts, woodwork and very light toasted signs.
Winegrowers & winemakers
- Wine-maker Sáenz de Samaniego Family. Vineyard management Sáenz de Samaniego Family
- 90% Tempranillo, 10% Graciano, Mazuelo and Garnacha.
- Vineyards between 25 and 50 years old.
- Plantation density: 3.000 vines/hectare.
- Goblet and double cord pruning.
- Production: 5,500 kg/hectare
- Hand harvested, in 15 kg boxes, between 16th and 26th october.
Vineyards and terrain
The grapes come from our vineyards located in Samaniego
, at an average altitude of 580m above the sea level
. Poor calcareous/clay and stony soils
, ochre coloured. The subsoil is made up of various layers of white rock.
Pre-fermentation cold maceration.
Alcoholic fermentation in small capacity vats for 12 days at a maximum temperature of 26°C. For this wine we use the whole grapes carbonic maceration and a part of destemmed grapes.
Malolactic fermentation in stainless steel vats.
12 months cask ageing.
This wine does not undergo any stabilisation process. It has a soft filtering process just before the bottling.
Mediterranean climate with strong Atlantic influence. Extreme winter-summer contrast.
Download the complete Ostatu Crianza 2018 Data Sheet (PDF)
<< Return to Sensible Wines
- Precipitation: 734,8 litres
- Ave. Temp.: min 8ºC, max 18.39ºC, average 12.65ºC
- Rainy days: 149
- Frozy mornings: 31
- Average temperature of the soil: 13.72ºC