Gloria de Ostatu 2011
The grapes come from our plot “Revillas”, at an altitude of 580 meters above sea level. Comnbination of poor calcareous/clay soil and stones, on a south facing slope. The subsoil is made up of various layers of white rock.
- Vintage: 2010
- Vintage Classification: excellent
- Bottled: july 2012
- Production: 4.102 bottles
Intense cherry colour with deep red reflections.
Good fruit expression (cherries, greengage plums and ripen black fruit) accompanied by sweet spices and fine toasts. Subtle minerality, reminding its terroir.
In the mouth it has a very good fruit complexity and acidity. Oily, direct, fresh but with a warm backgrownd. Balsamic notes of licorice. Honest in its depth with influence of the oak, leaving always the main character to the fruit.
Winegrowers & winemakers
- Wine-maker Iñigo Sáenz de Samaniego. Vineyard management Iñigo Sáenz de Samaniego y Ernesto Sáenz de Samaniego.
- 100% tempranillo
- Age of vines 80 years old.
- Plantation density: 3.500 vines/ha.
- Globet pruning.
- Production: 3.200 kg/ha
- Hand harvested, in 15 Kg boxes, on 27th october 2010.
Vineyards and terrain
The grapes come from our plot “Revillas”, at an altitude of 580 meters above sea level.
Combination of poor calcareous/clay soil and stones, on a south facing slope. The subsoil is made up of various layers of white rock.
Vineyard grape selection, only the best grapes are taken to the winery. Light destemming process to avoid damaging the grapes.
Pre-fermentation cold maceration. Alcoholic fermentation in small capacity vats for 18 days at a maximum temperature of 29°C.
Reworkings and breaking up the cap as appropriate during the fermentation. Malolactic fermentation in new French oak casks.
18 months casks ageing. This wine does not undergo any stabilisation or filtering process.
Mediterranean climate with strong Atlantic influence. Extreme winter-summer contrast.
- Precipitation: 441,7 litrEs
- Ave. Temp: mIn. 6,9ºC, max. 17,4ºC average 12ºC
- Average temperature of the soil: 14,46ºC