Buy Ostatu Blanco Gran Reserva 2013
- Vintage: 2013
- Vintage Classification: good
- Alcohol: 14.60%
- Bottled: November 2014
- Production: 2,688 bottles
Yellow, with a light bright golden. Its nose is thin, intense and deep, with aromas reminiscent of fresh almonds to delicate white stone fruits, dried apricots, notes of white honey, hawthorn flower and caramel. In the mouth it is meaty, elegant and fresh, with a very good acidity that will extend life for several years.
Winegrowers & winemakers
- Wine-maker: Iñigo Sáenz de Samaniego. Vineyard management: Iñigo Sáenz de Samaniego and Ernesto Sáenz de Samaniego.
- 85% Viura, 15% Malvasia
- Vineyards of over 50 years.
- Plantation density: 3,000 vines/hectare.
- Goblet pruning
- Production: 6,300 kg/hectare
- Hand harvested, in 15 kg boxes between 26th and 27th September.
Vineyards and terrain
The grapes come from the highest parts of our oldest vineyards, in the district of Samaniego at an altitude between 400 and 580 m above sea level. Poor calcareous/clay soil, on south facing slopes. The subsoil is made up of various layers of white rock.
Vineyard grape selection, only the best grapes are taken to the winery.
Light destemming process to avoid damaging the grapes, without wringing out.
Pre-fermentation maceration cold for 5 hours.
The grape juice ferments on the lees in stainless steel vats for 23 days at a temperature of 15-16°C.
Natural cold stabilisation
Filtered only for tartaric stabilisation process.
The wine was not going under malolactic fermentation and was aged in second year’s French oak barrels during 9 months
Mediterranean climate with strong Atlantic influence. Extreme winter-summer contrast.
Download the complete Ostatu Blanco Gran Reserva 2013 Data Sheet (PDF)
<< Return to Sensible Wines
- Precipitation: 854.1 litres
- Ave. Temp.: min 7.41ºC, max 17.3ºC, average 12.04ºC
- Ave. Temp of the soil: 13.9ºC