Buy Ostatu Blanco 2020
- Vintage: 2020
- Vintage Classification: Very Good/ excellent (provisional)
- Production: 79,550 bottles
Pale yellow and bright colour with greenish hues. Citrus and white fruits (green apple, pear) with floral and slightly herbal memories, very fine expression of the variety. Very good balance, well-salted acidity, fresh, greedy and with a certain oiliness note. Great balance of flavours where green apple and lemon, ripened greengage plum and white flowers are predominating.
Winegrowers & winemakers
- Wine-maker Sáenz de Samaniego Family. Vineyard management Sáenz de Samaniego Family .
- 85% Viura, 15% Malvasia
- Age of vines, between 30 and 80 years old.
- Plantation density: 3.000 vines/hectare.
- Goblet pruning.
- Production: 6,800 kg/hectare
- Hand harvested and taken to the winery in small trailer loads between 16th and 22th September.
Vineyards and terrain
The grapes come from the highest parts of our oldest vineyards, in the districts of Samaniego, Laguardia, and Leza, at an altitude of 580 m above sea level. Poor calcareous/clay soil, on south facing slopes. The subsoil is made up of various layers of white rock.
The grapes are destemmed and pressed mechanically. Some hours low temperature maceration
The grape must ferments on the lees in stainless steel vats for 24 days at a temperature of 15-16°C.
Filtered only for tartaric stabilisation process.
The wine is then kept in the vats until it is bottled.
Mediterranean climate with strong Atlantic influence. Extreme winter-summer contrast.
Download the complete Ostatu Blanco 2020 Data Sheet (PDF)
<< Return to Sensible Wines
- Precipitation: 677 litres
- Ave. Temp.: min 8.3ºC, max 15.7ºC, average 11ºC
- Rainy days: 109
- Frozy mornings: 22
- Average temperature of the soil: 14.45ºC