Ostatu Blanco 2019
Know-how. White young wine made from Viura and Malvasía grapes which come from old vineyards (between 30 and 80 years old). A fresh and fruity wine with a noticiable personality.
- Vintage: 2019
- Vintage Classification: excellent
- Production: 88,750 bottles
Pale yellow and bright colour with greenish hues. Citrus and white fruits (green apple, pear) with floral and slightly herbal memories, very fine expression of the variety. Very good balance, well-salted acidity, fresh, greedy and with a certain oiliness note. Great balance of flavours where green apple and lemon, ripened greengage plum and white flowers are predominating.
Winegrowers & winemakers
- Wine-maker Iñigo Sáenz de Samaniego. Vineyard management Iñigo Sáenz de Samaniego and Ernesto Sáenz de Samaniego.
- 85% Viura, 15% Malvasia
- Age of vines, between 30 and 80 years old.
- Plantation density: 3.000 vines/hectare.
- Goblet pruning.
- Production: 7,800 kg/hectare
- Hand harvested and taken to the winery in small trailer loads between 19th and 25th September.
Vineyards and terrain
The grapes come from the highest parts of our oldest vineyards, in the districts of Samaniego, Laguardia, and Leza, at an altitude of 580 m above sea level. Poor calcareous/clay soil, on south facing slopes. The subsoil is made up of various layers of white rock.
The grapes are destemmed and pressed mechanically. Some hours low temperature maceration
The grape must ferments on the lees in stainless steel vats for 27 days at a temperature of 15-16°C.
Filtered only for tartaric stabilisation process.
The wine is then kept in the vats until it is bottled.
Mediterranean climate with strong Atlantic influence. Extreme winter-summer contrast.
- Precipitation: 714 litres
- Ave. Temp.: min 8ºC, max 19.7ºC, average 13.4ºC
- Rainy days: 83
- Frozy mornings: 11
- Average temperature of the soil: 14.45ºC